Thursday 15 April 2010

A volcano is a mountain with hiccups

A silly joke that has been around for centuries, and with the recent eruption of the Icelandic volcano Eyjafjallajokull it has got me thinking about how and why these random acts occur?

But before all that, a quick update on the keeping fit front I wrote about last week. I have been twice in this past week, the second time was much easier and I am going to aim to beat my time each time I go. Hoping to get fit for the holiday, this may go some way in helping to achieve this. But with the eruption of the volcano I may not get to go after all.

It is thought that the eruption  will continue and spread across most of Europe, and with the lack of wind it is still a dense cloud. The disaster has caused all flights to be cancelled within the UK and many European countries, leaving thousands of passengers grounded. The effects of the volcano could be seen for up to six months, and who knows when it will erupt again? This is the second time in a month already.

I think now is the time to get insurance for holiday, I have a funny feeling it is not going to be all plain sailing with all of this going on. So, all of this keeping fit and saving money may come to nothing in the end, although it does make me feel much better about myself I must say. Being able to be confident in a hot country will be a bonus.

The volcano could see temperatures drop in and around the country as the fumes will block out the sun, which has been rather nice of late, what a shame a natural occurrence has caused the sun to be blocked out. Experts say that the ash cloud should disperse by the end of the weekend, I have been looking but have yet to see the so called "cloud" in the sky. If it is there it is near on impossible to see, unless it is one of them hundreds of clouds up there.

I would love to see some pictures of it if anybody has any. Right now I am going to book insurance for holiday before anything else happens. Here's to hoping the weather stays fine with the holidays lurking around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment